I was extended a kind invitation to give a short talk on new technologies relating to the quality of life for neurocognitive disease patients (e.g. Alzheimer's), during the 6th Panhellenic Psychiatric Convention for Primary Healthcare. My talk focused on a short introduction to the concept of Ubiquitous Computing and presented a range of case studies in the use of UbiComp systems in
- Challenges in Mobile Text Entry using Virtual Keyboards for Low-Vision Users
- Intelligent Journey Planning with Multi-hop Scheduling Optimisation for the Yachting Sector
- IoT Integration in the Manufacturing Environment Towards Industry 4.0 Applications
- Predicting retail business success using urban social data mining
- Mobile Text Entry Behaviour in Lab and In-the-Wild studies: Is it different?
- Investigating Error Injection to Enhance the Effectiveness of Mobile Text Entry Studies of Error Behaviour
- Joint Proceeding of the Poster and Workshop Sessions of AmI-2019, the 2019 European Conference on Ambient Intelligence
- Performance of Raspberry Pi microclusters for Edge Machine Learning in Tourism
- Discovering User Location Semantics using Mobile Notification Handling Behaviour
- Improving Hydroponic Agriculture through IoT-enabled Collaborative Machine Learning
I have uploaded the code for our SoNav prototype on Github, for any researchers interested in building 3D audio navigation apps for Android.
The prototype uses the concept of an "audio scent" - after a route has been calculated for the user, the route "emits" a continuous sound which the user can perceive using 3D audio delivered by their headphones. As the user walks further from the route, the level of the audio diminishes to let them know they have strayed too far.
As a technical consultant to the municipality of Patras (Greece), I have been involved in the planning and deployment of a public transport information system, including vehicle telematics, intelligent signage and public-facing mobile and web apps. My role in the project was to build the project specifications and monitor the project progress on behalf of the city.